Friday, October 14, 2011

JJCM :: Penang - part 1

Just US vacation
We planned it rather as a sepintas lalu kind of thing.. We knew that we couldn't wait for the school hols as by that time I would most likely be "home-bound". And as the girls already had their exams, it seems like the perfect time for a getaway.


We saw a dragon along the way
The plan was to leave early, as we didn't want to get stuck with the evening traffic in Penang. But, yes plans always have a way of screwing itself up. Or rather, Allah has better plans for us. I wasn't feeling very well (still not actually) so I couldn't really be running around doing the packing. In fact, I had to take a break every 20 minutes else I would be on the verge of fainting.


My Alma Mater
We finaaalllyy got to leave home at 3. And after the detours and pitstops, we were on the highway at 4. It was an overall uneventful journey if you discount J vomitting in the car somewhere near Taiping right about Maghrib. That set us back another hour.


Beautiful sunset
After taking a few wrong turns enroute to Batu Feringgi, we finally checked-in the hotel at 930pm. Too tired to go out, dinner was an order in affair. J, who slept after the incident in Taiping was all so chirpy and only fell asleep around midnight (I think, no one knows for sure as everyone else was already asleep by then)




 - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad and much later edited on the home PC :P

No comments: