Tuesday, March 5, 2013

That many many hats


When Mommy is asked (read : forced) to help Kakak make a sock puppet for her English class today, of course J wants a piece of the action too. After a full day outing with them, prepping dinner for Hubby (nasib baik la fruits je dinner nya), getting Amir to sleep - baru la dapat buat the 2 creatures. 

All in all it took me 2 and half hours to finish up both these puppets. Basically the ideas and materials were all them, I just helped with the superglue-ing (for the eyes) and the sewing - seeing that neither one of them has been allowed to use the needle and thread yet. (of which, Aliah promptly asked me when can she start learning to sew - I replied when you are 9 - that got me thinking pulak on what should she start with - I was thinking on cross-stitching ok kan?)


Jannah's puppet is a cat called PomPom (though I think it could pass as a mouse). The blue pompoms by the ears are actually earrings - in case you were wondering. Aliah's puppet is a snake. With ribbons on her head (so yes, it is a she - nama dia Slytherin though - haha!) 


And yes, they slept late last night because they wanted to finish it of. And J woke up crying this morning because one of PomPom's earrings came off. 

Hubs asked me, how long does the support and maintenance last for these creatures.. I really have no idea.. *sigh* 


No comments: