Friday, June 27, 2008

A Wake Up Call

I got a deserving jolt the other day.

A couple of days back, we came back early to a quiet house. But we could here the kids upstairs taking a bath. It was accompanied by a harsh tone from Anik, so harsh that it gave me the chills. From what I could here, she was reprimanding not only Aliah but Jannah too for not keeping still and being naughty and such. I was appalled to say the least. Quickly went up, to make sure the kids were not being spanked or something like that. Syukur, they both looked OK and were as normal as can be. Suffice to say, Anik's tone turned normal the minute she saw me.

Much later, I asked Aliah matter of factly whether everything was OK, whether Anik ever scolded her or things like that. Aliah's answer was vague, which meant that the earlier incident was probably nothing because Aliah has not learnt how to lie - yet - and I hope she would never do.

Ever since then, any single out of turn the kids did I got paranoid. Thinking it could be them trying to get our attention. Hell, I've been so paranoid I actually stayed home the last couple of days.

Hubby was saying it probably was nothing, you know how it is with 2 kids and knowing Jannah yang memang tak reti nak duduk diam. She was probably just having one of her moments. I hope it was, but at the same time I am not taking anything forgranted anymore.

*sigh* At times like this, I really wish I was a SAHM!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

quit ur job. find a money making hobby. and stay home.

:P

(i actually beat uda for being the 1st comment? )

Nana said...

muahaha..

i think he is away.

quitting the job is there in the air, but finding a hobby that makes money yang susah sket tu. ko agak2 kat malaysia ni diorang nak carik game tester tak? hahaha!

Uda said...

suka la tue dpt no.1 :p

btw, SAHM tue apa????

p.s. been camping kat hospital for few days now.... arinie masuk opes sbb terpaksa....

Nana said...

SAHM = stay at home mom

sape sakit da?