Mama celebrated her birthday yesterday.
I hope and pray that we will get to celebrate more birthdays to come, as I want my girls to grow up knowing and loving their TokMi.
I have to admit, I had a love-hate relationship with Mama when I was younger. Was always at opposite ends with her. Always having difference of opinion (haha.. full fledge gaduh was more like it) But now that I too have my daughters, I have come to realise that all that she said and told me to do was for my own good. And honestly, I wished I had done all she told me to do without sulking. I wished I had paid attention when she told me help her in the kitchen.

At least I am lucky enough to realise all this when I can still make amends. Kan?
Anyway, Mama's birthday celeb was made more joyous with the birth of Muhammad Ibrahim bin Khairul Anuar. Yup, I have another nephew! Even the odds a bit now (4 boys n 5 girls). Ibrahim shares his birthday with his TokMi. How cool is that?
*******
Today is Mak's birthday.
And I am grateful to this wonderful lady who brought up the man I call my husband.
I AM lucky aren't I?
I hope and pray that we will get to celebrate more birthdays to come, as I want my girls to grow up knowing and loving their TokMi.
I have to admit, I had a love-hate relationship with Mama when I was younger. Was always at opposite ends with her. Always having difference of opinion (haha.. full fledge gaduh was more like it) But now that I too have my daughters, I have come to realise that all that she said and told me to do was for my own good. And honestly, I wished I had done all she told me to do without sulking. I wished I had paid attention when she told me help her in the kitchen.
At least I am lucky enough to realise all this when I can still make amends. Kan?
Anyway, Mama's birthday celeb was made more joyous with the birth of Muhammad Ibrahim bin Khairul Anuar. Yup, I have another nephew! Even the odds a bit now (4 boys n 5 girls). Ibrahim shares his birthday with his TokMi. How cool is that?
*******
Today is Mak's birthday.
And I am grateful to this wonderful lady who brought up the man I call my husband.
I AM lucky aren't I?








No comments:
Post a Comment