Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The End

Something happened last week that really bugged me. Or more to the point, pissed me off. Actually, I was extremely angry. With the maid that is. The story goes like this,

I came back from work and it was a really tiring day to be greeted by a really sad sulking Aliah.

It took some coaxing before she told me what her problem was. Or rather showed to me with actions. A rocket launching, hitting the earth (or our home to be exact) and boom everyone dies. Shocked was too mild of a word for me at that point.

"Where did you get that idea Kakak?"
Instead of answering my question, she asked one of her own.
"Mommy, how old will Little Baby be in the year 2013?"
"Little Baby will be 1 plus"
"But he will still be so small... " And she started to cry. 
(note : Aliah wants the baby to be a boy, thus referring to it as "he" most of the time)
"Nanti siapa nak selamatkan baby?"

Apparently Anik was talking to her about doom's day earlier and speculated something about it happening in the year 2013. 

Mommy terus naik hangin la kan, haperhal pulak ni pegi citer merapu dekat anak aku ni!

But my main concern at that point was to calm down an extremely distraught 6 year old.

So I told her, as simple as I could that Qiamat is something which we all as Muslims should believe in because it will happen. (she's learnt the Rukun Iman in school, so it was easier to relate that back to her) And I told her that only Allah knows when it will happen whether it would be in 2013 or some other year. What we can do is to pray and doa that we would all be kept safe and would be together in syurga. And that's why she needs to be a good Muslimah. 

It took a while for her to calm down. Meanwhile, si Adik yang cheeky ni dah datang buat lawak nak try pujuk Kakak dia yang tengah nangis tu. Hehehe..

After she calmed down, she said to me,

"Mommy, cepat mandi. Jom kita solat."

Subhanallah.. my daughter is amazing. :)

[Hubby talked to Anik about it - as I was really still not in the right mind frame to be talking to her; honestly I would have been really angry still and said something I would regret. In her defence, Anik said she was talking about the tsunami alert which she heard from her relatives in Jakarta. Itu pun satu hal jugak, panik tak bertempat la .. the alert was in NZ for goodness sake! Anyway, Hubby told her not to talk about stuff like that with the girls]

This has actually made me have another one of my wishful SAHM moments again. I want to be there for the kids IQ & EQ development.. I need to be there.. InsyaAllah one fine day soon..


1 comment:

Tg Suriyanor said...

Nana, sabar ye. Jaga kesihatan..insyaAllah..one day.