Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 35

Plastibell is one of the types of circumcission available. And it is mostly done on newborns.

Honestly before this, I have never heard about it. I've heard of smartklamps and laser procedure but never of plastibell. So a lot of googling later, I was educated. And nauseated. And light headed. I tell you these websites should come with a "warning : disturbing images ahead" sign or something! Haha.

So, last Tuesday as he reached 35 days old, Amir had his bersunat done. Have to say both Mommy and Papa were apprehensive. Lemah lemah lutut jugak la ni. I didn't watch the procedure. Neither did Hubby. (in my defense, I was pacifying Amir who was crying his lungs out) J did watch though. And kept giving on cue responses (read horrifying shock and whimpers) as the surgeon reached for his tools.

It went well, the plastibell thing is still attached and should come off on its own (similar to the umbilical cord) after 7 days.

I shall not put up any pictures or give you any link as it is not for the faint hearted. Search and click at your own risk.

..another milestone checked..


[updated :: the ring thing has detached itself on the 3rd day and everything looks clean and neat - alhamdulillah]

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: