Monday, April 2, 2012

School Issues

[this is a belated post]

started writing on 25 March

Both Kakaks are starting their first term exam tomorrow. Mommy already in kiasu mode. I'm worried about Aliah, walaupon tau she can sebenarnya. She has this tendency to "forget". Tu tak termasuk carelessness lagi tu.

I've told her, as long as I know and she knows that she tried her best. I will be OK. (pls repeat this mantra Nana!)

My bigger worry this time is actually Jannah. Received a call from her teacher, telling me about what happened in school. She had a major meltdown in school last Thursday and refused to go to school on Friday. Apparently, dia kena marah with both her teachers that day. Came home all red eyed and bad mood. And in all honesty it is giving me a headache right now thinking about it. I hope my pep-talk to her when she's sleeping works out. 

When ask, she says school is not fun anymore. And I think some of the dynamics of how her class was last year has changed as compared to this year. Plus, they were doing a lot of revision for the exams hence a lot of writing (no surprise that it is Jannah's least favorite activity in school)

to date

Last Monday, on the first day of exam I had to sort of drag her out of bed, into the shower. But once she was already in her school uniform, her tantrum and cries stopped. All the while I was coaxing her with all the ways I could think of. Finally, when I mentioned her school bag and all her other school stuff that she herself chose and bought barulah dia relent. And skipped (yes, skipped) happily to school.

A chat with her teacher the next day said that she was back to being her old self and did all the writing (exam mode kan) without much fuss. So, hopefully it will be OK after this.

Aliah's last paper was on Friday and I think she did fairly OK. Kalau tanya dia semuanya lah "senang kacang". But I am trying my best not to hyperventilate and go all kiasu - yet! Let's see first how she does. ;)

No comments: