Friday, May 25, 2012

A Typical Day

Wake up at 6, give or take 10 minutes for Amir's feeding.

By 640, will be done with Subuh. Normally Aliah is up too by this time and will perform Subuh together.

Prep for Aliah's school breakfast and lunch is usually done by Hubby. For this, I am extremely grateful I have a husband who loves being in the kitchen more than I do!

By 730, Hubby usually sends Aliah to school after I make sure she's had her breakfast and vitamins. And packing all her school stuff for the day (bag, lunch, pencil case, water and taekwando / swimming gear).

If Amir is still sleeping, I'd take the time to pack the pumping accesories and take out his EBM for the day. And if sempat have my shower first. If not, it's Amir's turn to have his bath. By the time we finish, it's 8 o'clock already. One more feed for Amir while J gets up and pysche herself up to school. There usually needs to be intervention here when she refuses to go to school because she is / has sick / tummyache / the sniffles / fever / or whatever other ailments she can think of for the day.

830 is the time for me to get dressed for work and leave for Jannah's school as soon as possible. Yes, at times like this I am quite glad the office does not have a punch card system.

A full day's work means I can leave as early as 6pm though normally it is closer to 7 before I head back. The trip is made more bearable as Hubby and I carpool most of the times. And depending on the traffic, the time taken to travel home varies between 45 mins to 2 and half hours (no kidding!).

And as soon as we reach home, all 3 kids will be wanting our attention. Thus dinner is usually a quick prep affair if not take outs. While I give Amir his bath and put him to sleep (he's normally asleep by 830 latest), Hubby would layan the 2 kakaks. By 930, the house would normally be real quiet already as the 2 kakaks also go to sleep by this time.

Sleep will be interrupted by Amir wanting his feeds or Jannah who despise the frog harmony from the back of our house. And then the cycle continues for the next day.

So, pray tell. When would I have time to interact with my children? The mornings are rushed madness to prepare for school and the nights are just too short for any interaction.

And thus, the decision.

1 comment:

El Hefe said...

Go nana go....and then treat yourself to kari kepala ikan... Like me n herman..yumyyy